All teams in the Carlton Area Hockey Association are considered to be traveling teams. Games will be played both at the 4 Seasons Sports Complex "Home of the Carlton Bulldogs" as well as travel to other venues within a relatively close proximity to Carlton.
Who is a Mini Mite?
- A mini mite is for all beginning skaters or for players whose abilities are not strong enough to be successful at the Mite 1 level. Skaters turning four years old on or before June 30th of the current calendar year are eligible for Mini Mites.
- Coaches will evaluate the player’s skill level during the first month of Mini Mites. If at anytime during the first month, the coaches and Director of Player Development feels a skater can be successful at the Mite 1 level a player can move up to the Mite 1 level with the parent’s permission. Parents can not request their skater move up.
The purpose of Mini Mites:
- Introduce new skaters to the game of hockey
- To develop basic skating required for the mite 1 level.
- To give new skaters more puck time with skaters of similar abilities to promote faster development.
- Skaters will get more one on one attention from coaches
- Mini Mites will have scrimmages with other Mini Mite programs. The scrimmages will provide in game experience to prepare Mini Mites to compete at the Mite 1 level.
Mini Mite Practice Structure:
- Mini Mites will start practice in late October.
- Mini Mites will practice for one hour a week in Carlton during November/December and have one hour of practice or scrimmage time a week starting in January.
- Practices will follow ADM guidelines.
- Practices will be combined with Esko for November/December to keep cost low for both associations and to have more coaches available to help new skaters.
- We will host a one day Mini Mite jamboree in February.